[lbo-talk] spam subjects

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Jun 17 18:01:29 PDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Chuck0 wrote:

> Spam is the one crime that has gotten me to reconsider the death
> penalty. I now support the death penalty for spammers. I figure that
> killing one or two of them would be a strong deterrent for those
> scumbags that are fucking up the Internet.
>
> Now, I'm not joking about this at all. If there is one thing that raises
> my blood pressure as a webmaster, it's all the fucking time that I waste
> everyday dealing with spam. See, spammers are seriously fucking up the
> Internet more than anything the corporations or government could ever
> do. As activists and leftists, it should be a high priority for us to
> fight spammers, since their destruction is really hampering the use of
> the Internet for radical purposes.

Um, Chuck0, I sympathize with your aggravation. But isn't an anarchist obligated to come up with a firm but gentle way of dealing with annoying assholes who throw spanners in the works?

If this is our only recourse for such relatively mild obstructionists, full-blown anarchy seems inconceivable.

Michael