[lbo-talk] Black in the USSR

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 18 03:22:04 PDT 2003

>From: Michael Pugliese <debsian at pacbell.net>

>>I actually thought that distinction belonged to the
>>people of the Central Asian republics. In, say,
>>Latvia, I'd argue it's more fair to say that Russians
>>became the first target of nationalism.
>
> Where Russians had been pushed from the 30's onwards, to demographically
>overwhelm the dominent nationalities, once independence came, post '91,
>there was payback.

Russians were not "pushed" into the Central Asian republics. They moved there because they were the ones who were scientists, engineers, etc. It was part of the modernization process. Really, you have a one-track mind.

Do you have any idea what Kazakhstan was like in the pre-Soviet era?

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail