[lbo-talk] Dean: hang 'em high!

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Jun 18 03:31:35 PDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> Or being a skinhead - that scum should be rounded up and summarily
> executed.

Oh stop it, Wojtek. You sound exactly like those barroom bullies you deplore when they cheer on the killing of those murderous Republican guards, collateral damage be damned.

BTW, not all skinheads are neo-nazis. Some, the "two-tones," are actually vehemently anti-racist and get their ya-yas by beating up nazi skins (or, as they call them, "boneheads").

> Did you see the French flick _Hate_? . . . The line was inspired by
> this great film!

I thought it was a great film too. But it's not a great line, even as a joke. The idea that categories of people should be rounded up and summarily executed for their subhumannness is untrue, unsmart and unfunny. (Individuals, now that's another matter -- sometimes that is funny :o)

As I've said before Woj, ich glaube, du produziere dich. I think you come here sometimes just to give this persona a work-out.

Michael