[lbo-talk] Dean: hang 'em high!

Christian Gregory christian11 at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 18 09:42:40 PDT 2003

>I have zero sympathy towards anyone who committed such an act - period. So what that he "reformed himself" in the prison. Millions of people work hard to "reform themselves" to get out of their addictions, mental disorders, bad habits and so on, and nobody gives two shits about them.

As Michael said, do please stop with this macho left stuff. It's unbecomingly narcissistic.

As for the rest, first of all, the article said as much as you did (tho without the "big swinging dick" attitude). It points out the complications of generating sympathy for such people, not that we should have rush out to release the guy. (You may have noticed that the plaintiff has changed his plea for his 4th trial, since pleading guilty and being reformed got him nowhere.)

Second, in fact, stories of such reform as you mention are the staple of daytime TV, both real and fictive.

Third, do you think you, who turned up your nose at "rap" as not being music, are in any place to start playing the "elitism" card?

Christian