[lbo-talk] Dean: hang 'em high!

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at enterprize.net.au
Wed Jun 18 21:26:02 PDT 2003

At 8:57 PM -0700 18/6/03, Thomas Seay wrote:

>And so the need to build a mythology on the importance
>of humanity...no doubt, if blowflies could
>mythologize, they, too, would think that the entire
>universe would be snuffed out if they did not exist.

Well blowflies can't, so its academic. Its entirely subjective, I don't deny that. What's your point, do you think blowflies are entitled to the same constitutional rights as humans? Or are you suggesting that We shouldn't have them until we can devise a way to make them universally applicable to every blowfly?

There's nothing mythological about the importance of humanity, to humanity, though. Its based on the biological fact that we are a social animal and have a need to devise a social structure and philosophy to allow us to live together.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas