[lbo-talk] Dean: hang 'em high!

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 10:41:00 PDT 2003

Learn to read, Bill, I didn't say he did these awful things because he's different. I said he's different because he did these awful things. I am perfectly aware that it's not that hard to get people who might have been decent to do terrible things, that they do not do these things because they are a different or lesser order of being. But having done them, which you or I might have done, but didn't do, he's different and worse, indeed, worthless, because he did them. It was the doing of them that makes him worse and worthy of disgrace and punishment, and eligible for death.

Solidarity is not in order with the likes of him, and I am truly astounded that you can call for it ina case like thsi. I can understand an appeal for pity, or mercy, or forgiveness. But solidarity implies to me a commonality of interest that is just not there. And don't go quoting The Merchant of Venice. Henry the K is no Shylock, insisting on justice, an outcast member of dispsied minority. He is and aws one of the insiders, powerful, mighty, who did what he did from thirst for power and lust for domination. Justice, however warped, had no place in his calculations. still doesn't.

Yeah, you've already told me that you think I am a santimonious twerp, an apologist for slavery, and lacking in rudimentary civilization, and you'd rather defend yourself than get anywhere near the likes of me. I like you too, Bill.

Solidarity (fortunately that does not imply friendly feelings!)

jks

Bill Bartlett <billbartlett at enterprize.net.au> wrote: At 9:46 AM -0700 19/6/03, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>The question, different how? Henry Kissinger is different from us because he is a ruthless criminal, a killer on a giant scale, directly responsible for the overthrow of democratic governments, the provisioning and support of tyrants, and the deaths of millions of people worldwide.

If you cut him, does he not bleed? Get real, you thinks that's all down to him being inherently "different"? Unfortunately not, I'm afraid. He's just the same below the hairline, just a result of different circumstances and different opportunity to do evil.

> I'll pass on solidarity with him, thanks. If he faced capital charges and needed a lawyer, I'd defend him zealously, as Ramsey Clark defends Slobo. If we lost, and our appeals failed, I'd be happy to watch him die. jks

Personally, I'd defend myself rather than allow either of you to speak for me. Putting up with such sanctimonious clap-trap would be cruel and unusual punishment.