[lbo-talk] Dean: hang 'em high!

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 07:42:28 PDT 2003

Like I was saying . . . . jks

Bill Bartlett <billbartlett at enterprize.net.au> wrote:At 4:57 AM -0700 20/6/03, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>Bill, it doesn't impress anyone except you to have you assert that you alone are rational, capable of arguing, able to see through all (unidentified) fallacies, etc.

That's quite a wild claim. In the particular instance you cite, I clearly did not assert that I alone was capable of rational argument or say any of the other silly things you accuse me of. The evidence you present (taken in context) shows me to have merely stated that, in that particular instance, no reasoning was offered to support the conclusions. How you read into a polite request for reasons an assertion of unique omnipotence isn't clear.

> Maybe you hope that other people than your intrerlocutor will agree that you are so smart and so right just because you say so.

No, if you read the post in question more carefully, you will see that in fact I'm relying only on the reasons I give, to substantiate my conclusions. I was objecting to someone else failing to give any reasoning for a different conclusion. Asking quite politely, by my standards incidentally.

> I myself have never found this to be effective even as a point of rhetoric. If accompanied by argument it is superfluous; if not, it is idle. But maybe it's another down-under thing, like the constant insults and abuse.

Well, since you have chosen to make it personal, let me say that this is a common tactic of yours Justin. When you lose an argument, you try to divert attention by suddenly playing the victim. You snivel and complain about imaginary and/or exaggerated insults and abuse, then snatch your bat and ball and stamp off in a sulk. Its quite amusing, or it was the first couple of times. I have tried to make a joke of it, to avoid embarrassing you, but you're making it hard to be polite.

So wipe away your tears and stop being a sook. You don't see Wotjek crying like a baby. If I was trying to insult him, there would be no need for you to rush in and point it out to everyone. I doubt he would want to rely on an infantile mommy's boy like you to defend him anyhow.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas