[lbo-talk] Re: Bush As Kirk

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri Jun 20 09:25:05 PDT 2003

"I'm taking the bird back to the nest, boys," he says, chomping on his stogie like Sgt. Rock. "Got a little date to keep with some towel-head scum."... Dennis Perrin

-------

Ah, the memory how sweet it is. Now I seem to remember George was incommunicado in Big Bird No. 1, taking off from Florida, sighted over Louisiana and reported landing at the nearest SAC command shelter in Nebraska were he pouted for some four or five hours before he was drug kicking and screaming back to the White House after the all clear. Meanwhile in DC the entire Congress ran screaming out of the doors and down the steps of the Capital in evident panic.

It was a great show. I'll never forget Guliani in NYC looking like he commanded the entire country, while Miss What's-her-name, Bush's former press aid assured the TV cameras and the country the White House staff was okay. Still no word from our fearless leader who got back to the White House very late in the day after the cleaning ladies were back on the job. His side kick Dick was still in hiding downstairs in the WH bunker.

I don't think I've enjoyed a day like that in maybe thirty-five years.

It's not that often you get to watch your entire government desert their posts like roaches after the first sniff of smoke.

Chuck Grimes