[lbo-talk] Hey Marta

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sat Jun 21 20:05:21 PDT 2003

Hey Marta,

I had an interesting exchange with Paul Longmore today in the shop. I recognized him and briefly introduced myself as one of the original PDSP crew, then mentioned the civil rights conference were he made a presentation, held at UCB a couple of years ago. He vaguely remembered it.

In the often interrupted conversation he mentioned some book he used in his class. So I asked did he know you. He said yes, you and he were friends. Then I asked, so did he use your book (Beyond Ramps) in his class and he said no. I asked why not? He said because he didn't want to.

I had no trick response ready for this nice turn, so I said nothing. He had already changed the subject and was trying to talk another customer, Neal J into attending some benefit dinner for some organization that he belongs to. Neal is well connected and pretty well off and it was obvious that Longmore's invitation was glad hand politics...

Any thoughts on why he didn't use your book in a class on disability studies?

Chuck Grimes