[lbo-talk] Lying shills for PHRMA

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Sun Jun 22 01:29:14 PDT 2003

So I'm watching the tape of this Frontline I taped earlier this week. Some flack named Majorie Powell says "just look at what happens to industries that have government price controls and regulation; there is no innovation".

This is a bald faced lie. Please see ATT Bell Labs and Western Electric pre-1984 for obvious counter evidence.

These scumbag pharmas spend more on marketing than they do on R&D, but it is R&D's budget that wil take the hit in response to price caps? That speaks volumes...

-- no Onan

"superior sound quality"