[lbo-talk] Stirrings of second thoughts?

Maria Gilmore mgilmore at bigzoo.net
Sun Jun 22 20:15:19 PDT 2003

The news of a group in Iraq that has publicized their intention to kill American troops makes me bring up something I saw earlier this week on ABC News...a story about how kids coming home in body bags is starting to pall on some formerly gung-ho folks back home. The soldier who starred posthumously in the mini-drama/news story was not being mourned as a sad but necessary sacrifice; he was being grieved by people who thought "the war was over", who didn't really get why their friend was dead now, killed just last week. It was a small town in Ohio, I think, and they buried that young man the day before he would have turned 21.

The honeymoon may be over...?

Maria ***There is no such thing as apolitical art. ***