[lbo-talk] Antisemitism in Russia (Was Mahathir's Party)

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 00:53:38 PDT 2003

>>From: andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>
>
>>I certainly don't dispute that Caucasians and other ethnic groups are even
>>worse treated in Russia than Jews. You're just wrong if you think,
>>however, that antisemitism in Russia is a thing of the past, or that
>>Russian Jews don't have to put up with a lot of shit. You don't have to go
>>back to Tsarist times, either, to find really serious antisemitic
>>repression. Can you say Doctor's Plot, for one? And there's plenty of evil
>>antisemitic garbage afloat today. jks

--- Let me put it this way: If a Jew gets beaten up by thugs, it makes the news. If a black or a Georgian gets beaten up, that's nothing. It's a daily occurance. Russian anti-Semitism is mostly of the mild "Of course I'm not an anti-Semite; it's not their fault they're Jews" variety. Anti-Caucasianism, to coin a phrase, is vicious: they're dirt, scum, all kidnappers, mafiosi and thieves who come to Russia and try to crowd out the Russians in their own cities. (Why is this? There is a WAR going on in the Caucasus as we speak.)

The Doctor's Plot, IMHO, was primarily about a sick old man terrified of death reacting to his impending demise by resorting to his traditional modus operandi, scapegoating and massive violence. Anyway, Stalin was a GEORGIAN anti-Semite.

Actually, if Stalin were to walk through the streets of Moscow today, he might well get beaten up. :)

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail