[lbo-talk] volume

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Tue Jun 24 15:34:13 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 2:30 PM Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] volume

> Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>
> Eight posts so far today. I thought you despised thuggish behavior.
>
> Doug

I agree with you that list members ought to obey the posting limits for the most part, but overposting doesn't seem like "thuggish" behavior. And Wojtek's points are spot-on: most people (including the poor) who are incarcerated in this country for long periods of time have done much worse than stealing loaves of bread (or "cheating" the welfare system) to sustain themselves. To suggest that poverty necessitates acts of wanton cruelty is both stupid and disgusting (though not thuggish).

-- Luke