[lbo-talk] McKinney and misunderstanding

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Jun 24 20:44:02 PDT 2003

When Max linked to McKinney's statement on Saturday, I was kind of surprised; it didn't seem to support him at all. I didn't like the style, but I didn't see anything factually wrong with it and it didn't seem to support his assertions.

But double checking now (to check out Chris Kromm's more specific statement, which I was positvie she hadn't said), I realize that for some reason, when I (and perhaps other people) clicked on that link on Saturday, I got an entirely different document than the one Max linked to and to which you guys were referring. There was a unflagged bounce for some reason.

This was the link Max posted, and to which he and Chip and Chris are referring -- McKinney's September statement

Linkname: Cynthia McKinney: Goodbye to All That

And this is the link that it was bouncing to on Saturday (at least for me, but I accessed it several times) -- a longer piece on many foreign policy matters besides 9/11, but which ended with the call for an investigation:

Linkname: Rep. Cynthia McKinney: Thoughts on Our War on Terrorism

Agree or disagree at least I understand clearly where you guys are coming from now. Before, when I mistakenly thought you were referring to the April statement, I was baffled when you seemed to be attributing numerous things to it that it didn't say. But now I realize that's because you were referring to a different document.

Anyway, I mention it just in case anyone else had this experience and was similarly flummoxed.

Michael