[lbo-talk] Jury nullification

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Jun 25 11:06:06 PDT 2003

From: Jon Johanning

I was once rejected for jury duty in Philadelphia after I expounded jury nullification position. I wasn't really trying to get myself excused; I really believed it. However, my dismissal may have been due

simply to my very confused explanation of my views sounding like the ravings of a madman.

A question for the list's lawyers: what do they think of potential jurors who take such a position? ^^^^ Charles: If I represent the plaintiff or the state, I don't like you. If I represent the defendant , I like you. However, if I represent the defendant, I might want you to keep it to yourself in voir dire, so that the prosecutor doesn't remove from the jury.