[lbo-talk] Re: Law/Politics

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 20:16:36 PDT 2003

What's your point? You think the existence of a crooked judge or several means that we have to give up the ideal of the rule of law? After all, they caught this charmer. Here in Chicago, about 15 years ago, the US Attorney's Office put away roughly a dozen really crooked state court judges, slimeballs who'd (in at least one case) take money to fix a murder trial. My current boss, the head of the litigation dept (my dept) at my law firm, was the Chief Deputy AUSA who ran the investigation at the time. What we in Shytown don't know about judicial corruption isn't known. So what? That doesn't mean that there is no point in talking about law as opposed to politics. Besides, in my book, corruption, extortion, and bribery is not politics. Nor is witness intimidation.

jks

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/26/1056449343629.html