[lbo-talk] Ambigious Doug

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Jun 26 09:51:04 PDT 2003

Chris Doss:

> Really, if we were to discover that ghosts or an afterlife exist, why
would
> that be any more shocking than the fact that the sun rises every morning?
> Simply because we've gotten used to the latter and it is a part of our
world
> view.

This is my take -- wasn't for sometime, if ever (despite my religious upbringing which I rejected by age 16). Who the fuck really knows? There is so much about what we consider "conscious" existence that is beyond our limited understanding, which is why I have little patience for those who simply cross their arms, shake their heads and stomp their feet saying "No!" To me, that is more fundamentalist than those who keep their options open.

DP