[lbo-talk] Ambigious Doug

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Thu Jun 26 12:45:19 PDT 2003

Chris Doss wrote:
> Really, if we were to discover that ghosts or an
> afterlife exist, why would that be any more shocking
> than the fact that the sun rises every morning?

But there's not much precedent for the rising and setting of the sun being hoaxed and used to shakedown grievers of lost relatives. What lies beyond may be an open question, but the fact that the field of inquiry into the Great Unknown is festering with frauds and hustlers should be closed by now.

My prejudice here, as with conspiracy theories, is to view it all as a big steaming cow pat. Sure, there are probably some still nutritious, undigested bits. But I'm not going to sift through the dung to find them. The presence of flies and likelihood of bacteria are obvious enough, and dissuade me from the hidden kernels.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!