[lbo-talk] Ambigious Doug

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jun 26 23:21:40 PDT 2003

<galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu>

>For Thomists (and others), "God" is the name given to
the answer -- which we do not know -- to the question, "Why is there anything, instead of
>nothing?"

Because one cannot exist without its other--Being/Nothing, a unity of opposites.

Anyway, I saw God once. I was on acid and She was beautiful and then, she turned into a Harpy and flew away.

May Jerusalem Slim have lived,

Mike B)

===== ***************************************************************** "My sister, your grain - its beer is tasty, my comfort.." - Song of Songs; Sumeria, 2100 B.C.

As to the power of Egyptian brews Aristotle observed:

"They who have drunk beer...fall on their back...for they who get drunk on other intoxicating liquors fall on all parts of their body...it is only those who get drunk on beer who fall on their backs and lie with their faces upwards."

"She brews good ale, and thereof comes the proverb, Blessing of your heart, you brew good ale."

- Shakespeare

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal