[lbo-talk] The materialist basis of religion

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 27 16:33:30 PDT 2003

"Our lives are far more driven and less leisured.[than the stone age..MB] We have (if we have money or social democracy) more security and better health care, but defibitely less leisure." jks

One of the biggest reasons to get rid of capitalism is

that our industrial productivity is squandered on so much socially useless activity. Imagine a GDP based on use and need as opposed to total sales. The four hour day (or even less) is possible. Capital is the fetter preventing it...well that and our own reified consciousness of who creates social wealth.

For the end of pre-history, Mike B)

===== ***************************************************************** "My sister, your grain - its beer is tasty, my comfort.." - Song of Songs; Sumeria, 2100 B.C.

As to the power of Egyptian brews Aristotle observed:

"They who have drunk beer...fall on their back...for they who get drunk on other intoxicating liquors fall on all parts of their body...it is only those who get drunk on beer who fall on their backs and lie with their faces upwards."

"She brews good ale, and thereof comes the proverb, Blessing of your heart, you brew good ale."

- Shakespeare

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal