[lbo-talk] Change [was: Kees van der Pijl]

BrownBingb at aol.com BrownBingb at aol.com
Sat Jun 28 14:28:35 PDT 2003

> From: Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu>
>

> I think the world started to change (at least from the human
> perspective) when one of our prehistoric ancestors picked up a stick
> (Strauss's _Also Sprach Zarathustra_ playing in the background) and hit
> his compatriot over the head with it to get ahead of him in the pecking
> order. -clip-
>
> Wojtek
^^^^^^^^^ CB: Did you get this idea from that scene in _2001 Space Odessey_ ? ( Which is exactly an ape pickng up a stick and rendering it as a weapon with a seeming implication of some big historical change ) . This would make us _homo bellicosus_ ? War is not politics by other violent means. War is the essential human activity.

Here we go loopty loo. Here we go loopty lie. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030628/fd26754a/attachment.htm>