[lbo-talk] union of the unemployed in iraq

Guilherme groschke at luminousvoid.net
Mon Jun 30 15:26:20 PDT 2003

they've managed to get noticed by the freepers:

Tuesday, June 17, 2003 Official Letter from the Union of the Unemployed in Iraq - UUI To: All labor unions and organizations around the world

In the aftermath of the U.S devastating war on Iraq and on the following May Day, we, a group of activists in the labor movement, have founded the Union of the Unemployed in Iraq-UUI. Our decision to form this union was an essential response to the extraordinary circumstances in which Iraq has gone through.

13 years of economic sanctions as well as the dominance of the Ba'ath regime have had its greatest impact on imposing the minimum standards of living, the most inhuman working conditions, and a large-scale unemployment on the masses of workers.

The Anglo-American war, which ended with the occupation of Iraq, has pushed further up the unemployment rates to dreadful levels.

-gr