"Letters To A Young Conformist"

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Mar 1 07:20:10 PST 2003

No Shame Press, which has brought you such titles as:

"Toilets of the Rich and Famous" by Dominick Dunne

"The Law As I Understand It" by Alton Maddox

"My Story, This Week" by Dick Cheney

"Seduction The Rick James Way"

"How To Co-Author A Book (By Letting The Other Person Do Most Of The Work)" by Alexander Cockburn and Sammy Terry

Is now proud and excited to present:

"Letters To A Young Conformist" by Christopher Hitchens

In this brash follow-up to "Letters To A Young Contrarian," Hitchens takes his acolytes from going against the status quo to embracing it with both arms.

"One cannot truly appreciate conformity," Hitchens writes in his introduction, "without first playing the part of the contrarian. It is like the dichotomy between pleasure and pain, only more profitable."

In a series of brief but explosive letters, the one-time iconoclast shows you how to take state power at its word, how to find humanity in the most corrupt and deceitful places, how to adopt a mainstream stance while pretending to be skeptical, and how to, as a sideline, compose extended captions for glossy photos of Hollywood mediocrities.

"Make my arguments your own, and while I can't guarantee journalistic success or acceptance by genteel elites, I may allow you to run my website."

"Letters To A Young Conformist" will be released in June 2003 (author book tour and weekly appearances on "Hardball with Chris Matthews").

DP