re Next

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Mon Mar 3 16:54:32 PST 2003

>From: Max B. Sawicky (sawicky at bellatlantic.net)
>Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 09:22:57 EST
>

>What we do until the shooting starts is plain enough: more of
>the same.
>
>But the next question is what to do after it starts, while
>fighting is going on.
>
>And the question after that is what to do, supposing there
>is a cakewalk for the U.S. military, followed by a volatile
>Afghanistan-type situation.

My preference is for something broader than a peace movement that can respond flexibly to the different requirements and different prioties. Something enlarged into a movement for peace and justice, (justice including economic and social justice and not just individual bourgeois legal justice - justice for oppressed communities.) The nearest alternative is to perpetuate an international movement focussed around opposition ot US hegemonism. But that will still require a focus as to the isses on which US hegemonism is particularly to be challenged.

Chris Burford London