re Next

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Mar 3 17:52:21 PST 2003

Chris Burford wrote:

> My preference is for something broader than a peace movement that can
> respond flexibly to the different requirements and different prioties.
> Something enlarged into a movement for peace and justice, (justice
> including economic and social justice and not just individual bourgeois
> legal justice - justice for oppressed communities.) The nearest
> alternative is to perpetuate an international movement focussed around
> opposition ot US hegemonism. But that will still require a focus as to
> the isses on which US hegemonism is particularly to be challenged.

Movement? That is so 20th century. We all know that when the left talks about "movement this" and "movement that" that they are really talking about something that they can turn into some vanguardist party.

MovementS, or "multitude" for the hip marxists on this list.

I'm working on a new collaborative anti-war website (war.infoshop.org) with other anarchists, whose purpose is to help organize the fight against the war machine, not just the war du jour, which has already started, but the activists are waiting for the "shock and awe" before they decide that the "war' has finally started.

The US killed Iraqis today. I think the war is well underway.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips