Israeli lobby

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Mar 3 21:08:46 PST 2003

Aircraft carrier my fanny. Can you put 4,000 tanks and 11,000 APCs on a aircraft carrier? It's a regional super-power and has been since 1948.

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Chris Kromm Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 11:16 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Israeli lobby

One doesn't have to search too hard to find out why the U.S. supports Israel. Senator Jesse Helms, Foreign Relations Committee Chairman from 1995 to 2001, put it succinctly in the Middle East Quarterly in 1995: "Israel is at least the equivalent of a U.S. aircraft carrier in the Middle East. Without Israel promoting its and America's common interests, we would be badly off indeed."

You can argue about the end result, but the motivation is pretty straightforward. Don't make this harder than it is.

That being said, I think it's equally undeniable that AIPAC money can be decisive in specific political races and/or affect voting records in certain areas. AIPAC's successful targeting of Reps. Hilliard and McKinney were warning shots to all who question Israeli aggression.