vote early & often

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Mar 3 21:30:05 PST 2003

>Veteran White House correspondent and columnist Helen Thomas has
>called George W. Bush "the worst president in all of American
>history." Do you agree?

As Zhou-en-lai said of the French Revolution, it's still too early to judge. But he's clearly the most stupid, just as Andrew Jackson was the worst human being. I tend to agree with Carroll that Wilson did the most damage--which reminds me of what my old friend Tom O'Sullivan said of the 1912 election: "There were four candidates--a great man, a mediocre man, a madman, and an evil one. The vote was exactly inverse to their merit."

Shane Mage

"immortals mortals, mortals immortals, living their deaths, dying their lives"

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 62