Gore sez...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 4 11:47:59 PST 2003

New York Post [Page Six] - March 4, 2003

Bush-hater Gore Vidal bets on Saddam

OUTSPOKEN ex-pat literary lion Gore Vidal says the U.S. would lose a war with Iraq. "I don't see us winning the war," Vidal told WABC Radio the other day. "We have made enemies of one billion Muslims . . . Whatever Saddam has that might be atrocious - mustard gas, pox, viruses - we will ensure that he uses it." Vidal's opinion is rooted not in military knowledge but in his pathological hatred of President Bush. "As dumb as this administration is, they don't look ahead," Vidal sneers. "They don't know where any countries are. They don't know how to make deals. They don't really know much about anything. There is no plan . . . Now you have people [in Washington] who have no interest in the country at all. They're interested in their companies, their corporations grabbing Caspian oil." Vidal, who as we reported a couple week ago is planning to move back to Los Angeles, also blasts the press, complaining, "The media [have] never been more disgusting in my lifetime. Every lie out of Washington - they're out there doing war dances."