we've got your kids, so talk!

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 14:20:11 PST 2003

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>New York Post - March 4, 2003
>
>HE'LL SPILL HIS GUTS, OR ELSE
>By NILES LATHEM and BRIAN BLOMQUIST
>
>The United States has made it a practice to take some high-profile terror
>detainees from Pakistan and Afghanistan to Arab countries like Jordan,
>Egypt and Morocco for interrogation.
>
>"We don't kick the s- - - out of them. Some of our friends do, but we don't
>do that," said one former counterterrorism official.

No, they just soften 'em up for it. Says today's Wall Street Journal about U.S. interrogation techniques: "U.S. officials overseeing interrogations of captured al Qaeda forces at Bagram and Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba can even authorize 'a little bit of smacky-face,' a U.S. intelligence official says. 'Some al Qaeda just need some extra encouragement,' the official says."

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus