These are some of my favorite marches

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 4 14:44:34 PST 2003

topp8564 at mail.usyd.edu.au wrote:

>I am utterly amazed at the problem you Americans have at the participation of
>these guys in the movements. Nobody cares that the PSTU (ie. fourth
>internationalists) or the PC do B (semi-maoists) show up in numbers

One difference is that in the U.S., their numbers would be in the middle two digits.

> and speak
>at Brazilian rallies. We simply know that they aren't going to be brainwashing
>the rest of the country.

When I interviewed Naomi Klein the other week, she said that the Trot parties in Argentina - of which there are many, right? - drove a lot of people off the streets and back into their houses with their tedious rhetoric.

Doug