The War Party's Fucked.

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 5 10:15:38 PST 2003

mike larkin wrote:

>http://www.antiwar.com/justin/justincol.html

Well yeah. But we were watching the late rerun of the Brit Hume show on Fox News last night, and I said to Liza, "I spend the day reading email and websites and think, maybe there won't be a war after all. And now I'm watching Fox and it seems inevitable." Ok, that's Fox. But then the front page of the NY Times this morning says that Powell is optimistic they'll win the SC vote. Maybe he's using the same vote counting methodology that served him so well with Turkey. But really - would Powell say this if the Capitol Hill Blue story were right? Why would he act so sure less than a week away from the SC vote?

Doug