The War Party's Fucked.

loupaulsen at attbi.com loupaulsen at attbi.com
Wed Mar 5 10:40:10 PST 2003

Would he say it if it weren't so? OF COURSE HE WOULD SAY IT. This is the man who showed us artists' drawings of Winnebagoes of Death and satellite photos of routine truck traffic.

The war party line is that everything is going just swimmingly, many many countries are all just so happy to support the war, and 'be there or be square'. I think this is mainly directed against gullible Democrats in Congress, who might be tempted to heed their antiwar letters and e-mails, but then are told that the war is inevitable so they might as well relax and enjoy it. Like that miserable snake Dick Durbin from Illinois, who won election on the strength of his anti-war vote in October and now says the war is inevitable.

Every public statement by Powell is going to support this line at every time regardless of its truth value.

Even if they are frantically looking for a face-saving exit strategy, they will talk about how confident they are up to the moment of exit, and will then discover the virtues of some compromise and claim victory.

LP