Move On Petition Sign Before March 6

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Wed Mar 5 15:15:25 PST 2003

I am sending this along because it's an EXCELLENT important step. I am separately sending the moveon folks a smal tirade about why some of their website is bleeping inaccessbile, but that is a different problem.

DoreneC

Dear friend,

I'm hoping you can join me on an emergency petition from citizens around the world to the U.N. Security Council. The petition's going to be delivered to the 15 member states of the Security Council on THURSDAY, MARCH 6.

If hundreds of thousands of us sign, it could be an enormously important and powerful message -- people from allover the world joining in a single call for a peaceful solution. But we really need everyone who agrees to signup today. You can do so easily and quickly at:

http://www.moveon.org/emergency/ The stakes couldn't really be much higher. A war with Iraq could kill tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians andinflame the Middle East. According to current plans, it would require an American occupation of the country foryears to come. And it could escalate in ways that are horrifying to imagine.

We can stop this tragedy from unfolding. But we need to speak together, and we need to do so now. Let's showthe Security Council what world citizens think.