Bush/USG isolated

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 06:51:19 PST 2003

>From: "Ian Murray" <seamus2001 at attbi.com>
>
>[rather amazing commentary coming from the establishment's local paper]
>
>U.S. in a Tough Position As Isolation Increases
>Setbacks Raise Stakes for Administration
>
>By Glenn Kessler
>Washington Post Staff Writer
>Thursday, March 6, 2003; Page A01

[The Wash. Post is not merely "establishment" these days but virulently pro-war. Here's the lead of an interesting, detailed analysis of the WP's new hard-right editorial stance:]

The Unbalanced Hawks at the Washington Post

By Russell Mokhiber and Robert Weissman

What is going on at the Washington Post?

We would say that the Post editorial pages have become an outpost of the Defense Department -- except that there is probably more dissent about the pending war in Iraq in the Pentagon than there is on the Post editorial pages.

In February alone, the Post editorialized nine times in favor of war, the last of those a full two columns of text, arguing against the considerable critical reader response the page had received for pounding the drums of war. ...

<http://lists.essential.org/pipermail/corp-focus/2003/000147.html>

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail