no crips or retards

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Thu Mar 6 22:26:10 PST 2003

>Rosa:
>> I do want to point out one thing, this email is inconsistent
>> with what I have seen IAC do - very inconsistent - and I
>> would be extremely suspicious of it. It sounds very COINTELPRO to me.
>
>Cointelpro? Be serious. It looks like a juvenile prank - most likely
>by a biologoically twenty something mentally twelve years old frat boy.
>
>Wojtek

A lot of the FBI-created memos designed to create tension and splits from the '60s and early '70s do sound juvenile, probably because they were written by frat boys. What's the goal? An FBI informant here from the early '70s was interviewed for a film about the Gainesville Eight (Vietnam Veterans Against the War) and his assignment, as he recalled it, was to 'blister the personalities' of the people involved.

But really, apart from the misuse of taxpayer money, does it matter if these brownshirts are official or unofficial? The effect is the same. I got a year of threatening politically-motivated hate letters a few years ago--nerve-wracking because you don't know if these are threats or plans. It was probably a volunteer effort rather than a publicly-funded one, but just because some people will do this shit for free doesn't mean others don't do it for pay.

Anyway, Marta, I'm sorry you had to suffer this crap.

Jenny Brown