Legacy admissions (Was: W's transcript)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 07:27:08 PST 2003

also institutions within the
> U. that caters to
> the speific needs of wealthy nitwits (Harvard's
> dinning clubs or whatever
> they're called, Yale's societies, etc...) provide
> formative experiences
> and contacts that engender and maintain class
> solidarity among the wealthy?

I believe it is my own undergrad alma. Tigertown, that has the dining clubs. You can read about them in Fitzgerald, This Side of Paradise. He attended but did not graduate. The clubs had not changed much, apart from the admissionof women (to some of them) from his time when I went there. I never joined one. What they have at Hahvahd, I wouldn't know.

As for the explanation, that is obviously correct.

jks