Where's Katha?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Mar 7 09:34:51 PST 2003

"Come on Dennis--that's weak. (It's also an 'explanation' that one could apply with equivalent--which is to say, not very much--force to young, angry campus liberals, or leftists, or libertarians...)"

-- Luke

Each person is different, of course, and there are no fixed reasons why so-and-so becomes who they become. But I was talking about the Young Right, primarily those who came of age under Reagan/Bush. And in my experience, many of them, as teenagers, felt inadequate and put-upon (by "liberals" and "liberal culture") and this fueled anger and resentment and a need to tap into state power. You certainly see that in Coulter.

DP