Israeli lobby

Bradford DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 7 09:11:50 PST 2003

>As for Israel's repellent effect, tell me three
>things the U.S. has wanted from Arab countries
>under its thumb that it has not gotten.

Lower oil prices from the mid-1970s to the mid-1980s? An expansion of OPEC pumping today to lower oil prices? And end to Saudi funding of Hamas and the Al-Aqsa Brigades? Before that, an end to Saudi funding of Abu Nidal and other pleasant people? Saudi cooperation in stopping the flow of money to Al-Qaeda? An end to the Saudi bargain with Al-Qaeda: we fund you, and you don't attack us? Crown Prince Abdullah hugging and kissing Ehud Barak?

Brad DeLong