Noam's Prime

N P Childs npchilds at connect.ab.ca
Fri Mar 7 19:49:59 PST 2003

>Got a hold of the DVD version of "Manufacturing Consent," and in the added
>features section are two extended clips of Chomsky debating Buckley Jr.
>and Foucault. . .

This was before Noam attained Left God status. A bracing reminder of who he once was.

Indeed, I think the version of the film shown in Canada (the film is a Canadian production BTW) showed him taking apart Peter Worthington, a ultra-right wing nut columnist from Toronto. Someone else (mebbe the same clip) makes a critical reference to things he thinks Chomsky might have said somewhere about Cambodia. Chomsky quotes himself, corrects the criticism by citing what he *really* said, and cites the reference right down to the day of publication, I think. Said attempt at criticism falls flat on its ass. Suspect his accuracy of memory it comes from being misquoted etc. so many times.

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo