Isaeli lobby plus

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 8 14:14:07 PST 2003

Edward Said on the current situation:

In all my encounters and travels I have yet to meet a person who is for the war. Even worse, most Americans now feel that this mobilisation has already gone too far to stop, and that we are on the verge of a disaster for the country. Consider first of all that the Democratic Party, with few exceptions, has simply gone over to the president's side in a gutless display of false patriotism. Wherever you look in the Congress there are the tell-tale signs either of the Zionist lobby, the right-wing Christians, or the military-industrial complex, three inordinately influential minority groups who share hostility to the Arab world, unbridled support for extremist Zionism, and an insensate conviction that they are on the side of the angels.

http://www.counterpunch.org/said03082003.html -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030308/a089b5c4/attachment.htm>