Nerdy Ann

steve philion philion at hawaii.edu
Sat Mar 8 16:09:10 PST 2003

"The mascot of the anti-war movement is Janeane Garofalo. Upon hearing Garofalo's pronouncements on Iraq, her manager sputtered, 'Ten years in the business and now she's making with the jokes?' When a feminist as strident as Garofalo is defending the Hussein regime, you have to wonder if her newfound sobriety has hit a rough patch. One imagines Saddam Hussein watching Janeane Garofalo on television with more perplexity than satisfaction."

--I watched Garofalo on Oreilly last night, I thought she handled herself really well against Oreilly. She clearly is well read and knowledgeable of relevant facts and not afraid to use them against Oreilly's rhetoric. Oreilly at one point went on about how Sean Reilly was afraid to go on air interview with anyone other than larry king and that larry king was an easy pass...Garofalo responded, "you've gotta be kidding me, FOX interviews are like milk toast for conservatives and neo-cons!"... btw, dennis, is there a transcript of Rendall on MSNBC? I can't find one.

steve