Decay

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Sat Mar 8 16:45:01 PST 2003

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I think. But he & his admin never scared me as much as 43's gang,
> which sometimes looks like it will plunge us into some kind of
> catastrophe

They really are a dismal provincial elite, petro-fundamentalists who want decades of war and are willing to expend oceans of other peoples' blood the same way the 1990s neolibs expended oceans of other peoples' money. It all makes a ghastly geopolitical sense: from Empire to Bananamerica to Enronistan... and now to the Land of Mordor.

Maybe I'm being too morbid, but there's something awesomely self-destructive at work in US culture these days. The mood in Silicon Valley these days is indescribably ugly, light-years from the early 1990s downturn.

-- DRR