W's transcript

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 20:15:56 PST 2003

> One I find HIGHLY credible was that Quayle's law school grades hovered in the C and even D range. Alas, the summer he was nominated, someone from the IU computer center reportedly spent an entire weekend deleting references to his law school grades from all available computer backups..Can any of the lawyers on this list say, do they even let you out of law school with grades like that?

DoreneC My contracts prof at Ohio State (a fierce liberal Democrat) had been Q'a contract prof at IUI. We asked him, was it true that Q was really that dumb. He said it would be improper to discuss a former student's performance . . . but we wouldn't be surprised by Q's law school showing. Now, as to what they let us out of law school with, you know what they say, right? What does the person who graduates last in his class get? A diploma. I had classmates who graduated with Cs and Ds. There are persons who passed the bar and who are making a living as lawyers whose academic performance aws terrible. Some of them are actually excellent lawyers. Buty you'd be appalled by the average caliber of legal representation. That's why places like my firm can charge the kind of rates they do, if you need to be sure things are done right. jks