Am I being double taxed, or do I not understand?

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Sun Mar 9 06:10:08 PST 2003

Actually, what's more terrible is that first the federal government will tax it, then the state government will tax it AGAIN at income tax time, then the state government outrageously will tax it AGAIN in the form of sales taxes, and then, believe it or not, the people from who you bought something from will be taxed AGAIN on the profits from whatever you bought.

Luckily, when their shareholders are given tax dividends, this merry-go-round of outrageous triple and quadruple taxation will end. Luckily, those poor wealthy souls will not suffer the indignity of double taxation that you will suffer.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Robert Dean" <qualiall at union.org.za> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 3:18 AM Subject: Am I being double taxed, or do I not understand?

I just got my unemployment check and the fine print said I could ask them to withhold 10% for Federal and State taxes, or else I'll wind up paying more taxes come next years tax time.

Am I being double taxed here? Didn't I already pay for my check with the unemployment insurance I paid into while I was working, or am I just confused about how it works? --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]