hey kelley (and how many email addresses do you have anyway?)

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at arts.usyd.edu.au
Sun Mar 9 06:16:54 PST 2003

How're things?

I've been thinking about your words and sounds post and... it's just so pressured! I know what I love, but probably you've read/heard all that and I don't want to sound llike an idiot. On top of that, my reading is really weighted to "old" stuff and my listening to much more "new" stuff -- and I'm not sure which is more embarrassing. Also, not totally sure if you're weighted to academic or pop or neither.

You really keen for recommendations? I'm not sure mine are good for anyone but me, but egotistical enough to share. Did you more want them off list or on (so they could be discussed)? I'm prepared to go first, because I'm better at masochism than cowardice, but there's no point if it's not what you're after. No pleasure in exposing yourself if no one cares.

Wondering what you're up to anyway. How's Dan? sean and I both did his survey... been part of that whole scene all too recently. Highschool just couldn't die fast enough really. You know I home schooledhim for a whole chunk of highschool, right? Well, yeah, anyway, not enough of it was home-school- able. It would have worked way better if competitive examinations weren't unavoidable for uni entry -- and he;s still into that, thought the reasons seem fantastci to me. Sean rocks at competitive assessment when he gives half a fuck but it's all so un-Sean, and I hate being in the middle, meant to somehow explain those expectations while not caring at all. I'm so glad to be this side of it. How're you coping?

And how is all the other stuff for you? Seems years since NY. It sounds better, though... even great... but I don;t want to stretch.

bye now, mail me (I want to hear), cat.

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP at ArtsIT: http://admin.arts.usyd.edu.au/horde/imp/