Hitch-Turk

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Mon Mar 10 01:17:23 PST 2003

Well, yeah, maybe this thread is gossipy. Still, if, as you say, the reasons for the change in Hitchens lie more in the realm of psychology that politics, given all the political reverberations, it's still worth talking about.

Has Hitchens suffered any major life traumas like a serious medical problem death of a parent or a spouse (or a kid) in the last few years? I do not have the patience to go look in the Nation archives, but I thought I remembered either some condolences or Hitch himself writing about somethine like this in the last 2-3 years.

It's probably not as if one can write "Hitchens' bogus idiotic opinions about X or Y all relate to his grief over thus and so," but if one can take into account circumstances like that, it might still be possible to hold some compassion for him as a person...

DoreneC