ANSWER envy

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Mon Mar 10 08:27:40 PST 2003

Nathan Newman writes:
>Just the statement that North Korea has nothing to do with current
>discussion of Iraq is a political position, given that many who criticize
>the war on Iraq note the hypocrisy in ignoring the real nuclear threat
>from Stalinist North Korea.

I hope you're not suggesting that it's their Stalinism that makes them a nuclear threat. I mean, Stalin himself also had nukes. But if you arrange events chronologically, you'll find it was U.S. generals that urged bombing Moscow, quick, before the Russians got the A-bomb. I think North Korea's doing what any country placed on a U.S. hit list will try to do--get nukes fast. But that does not mean they're 'the real nuclear threat.'

Jenny Brown sheepishly nostalgic for Mutually Assured Destruction