The North Korean "Threat"

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 09:47:09 PST 2003

> > jks
>
> I'll get back to your post regarding Sachsianism,
> the current state of
> Afghanistan, the naivete of consequentialists, and
> what the cold war was
> "really" about later. For now, I'd like to note
> that if Iraq were to
> acquire nukes, Saddam would be able to carry out his
> professed goal of
> redrawing the map of the ME without fear of
> intervention. I cannot see how
> any politically sane person could dismiss such a
> risk.

Not at all. Nukes don't give you unanswerable power. Ask Russia, India, Pakistan, etc. People with nukes can be deterred. That's really the point of having them. Moreover, SH doesn't have the forces to redraw anything. I may b=not be politically sane, but I do know a thing or two about international relations. I am also dumbstruck by your equanity towards unanswerable US power to invade everywhere and change regimes at will. That doesn'ts trike me as a politically sane attitude. Frankly, it strikes me as reactionary and obtuse.

jks