Blame the Democrats part II

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 10 17:51:00 PST 2003

More evidence of the Democratic Party's descent into inanity and irrelevance. Has *anyone* suggested Iraq has an "A-bomb" that may "go off" in this country? What the hell is Gephardt talking about?? Thank god the good people of Iowa are keeping the heat on these turkeys (note their grilling of Tom Harkin a few days back). CK

War opponents grill Gephardt on his Iraq vote

By THOMAS BEAUMONT Register Staff Writer 03/10/2003

Sioux City, Ia. -- Sioux City Democrats pointedly challenged U.S. Rep. Dick Gephardt's support for a Bush administration resolution on Iraq, adding some unexpected tension Sunday to the Democratic presidential candidate's visit to western Iowa.

"I'm seeing this as another Vietnam. How many of our young people aren't going to come home?" asked Ginny Duncan, a retired antique store owner. "We've authorized the president to do war if he wants to, even my Democratic Party."

Replied Gephardt: "Nobody wants war. Nobody wants anybody to lose their life. But I don't want to wake up, have an A-bomb go off in this country and say we didn't do what we should have done."

http://www.dmregister.com/news/stories/c4789004/20691949.html