The North Korean "Threat"

steve philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Mar 10 22:13:34 PST 2003

me

> --well, for starters, don't rehire the clowns in the US administration who
> encouraged Saddam to invade Iran or Kuwait.

Luke responds:

Do you imagine that the US played an important role in either conflict?

--in terms of US goading of Iraq in the Iran War, I think there's substantial evidence of that. Important, sure it's important that the most powerful and wealthy country on earth encourages a poor country to go to war. Kuwait, I think there is also plenty of evidence that we had no great issue with the prospect of a Kuwait-Iran conflict, not an unimportant factor, especially in light of the other options (i.e. pushing the Kuwaiti colony to negotiate seriously with Iraq and end the dispute before it got out of control).

Luke writes:

No, it sure doesn't look like much of anyone has a sincere interest in the problem of the Saddam regime's _internal_ conduct. However, it seems to me that this incarnation of the Gulf War (just like the last) has at least something to do with the threat Iraq poses to its neighbors.

--Seth is spot on, the threat is hardly recognised as meriting war by our colonies who surround the country of Iraq, why should we feel the need to bomb Iraqi civilians (by accident of course) with 3000 bombs? The primary threat we are controlled about with Saddam is the threat to our capacity to control worldwide oil flows, what else could it be? The incarnation of the Gulf War is based on a whole series of lies about the origins of that war to begin with, so why should we take it seriously? I'd as soon concern myself with incubator babies being thrown on the floor in hospitals gasping their last gasps, crying out horrible cries, nurses being forced to stand by and do nothing...and other such mythology...if we must enter the world of fantasy to support war...not that I mean to take away anything from the sexiness of the phony stories planted about the iraqi troops poised to take over saudi arabia...just those screaming babies get my blood more roiled...ya know?